Image Map

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sweet Bakery (1st) Birthday

My SWEET baby girl turned one this month! I still can't believe it. 

In my defense, she makes it very easy for me to baby her, since she's still the size of a nine-month-old. (She's in the 4th percentile for height).

I've been SO excited to throw her a first birthday party. I've done 3 boy birthdays so far and the idea of getting to throw a baby girl party was almost too much for me.

No, really. The day before her birthday party we threw my son's birthday party at our house, so instead of trying to do 2 parties back to back we decided to have Gracie's party at a bakery. 

Okay, okay, enough talkie. On to the pictures. And just as a fair warning, there are a LOT of pictures.

I wish my apartment looked like this bakery.
The favor boxes!
Lovin' those white cabinets!
This was before all the guests came with their presents



One side of the Year Timeline

And the other side of the Year Timeline
Some of the plates, cups, utensils, etc.

Water! (You have to have it with all the sugar we were consuming)
Look at this amazing birthday cupcake! So pretty! I loved having the birthday party at Maxie B's bakery. We let everyone pick whatever they wanted and we picked up the tab at the end...it was a big hit!
I made a little ribbon embellishment for the high chair, just to add a little pizzazz!
She wasn't too sure about that candle!
The lovely ladies who brought THEIR lovely ladies to the party! (Look at Gracie's tights...how embarrassing)
That day was so crazy but so fun! I ran so many errands in the morning that I didn't have time to do my hair! Ah! I was also sooo tired, hence the bags under the eyes. But it was so worth it for that little sweet face.
Sharing here: How to Nest for Less, Tip Junkie, Reasons to Skip the Housework, Not Just a Housewife, The Winthrop ChroniclesCreatively Living, Vintage Wanna Bee, Mommy by Day, Crafter by NightDIY Dreamer, Lil Luna, Ginger Snap Crafts, Rae Gun Ramblings, Uncommon, Grateful BellySouthern Lovely52 Mantels, GluesticksSeven Alive, Katie's Nesting Spot Not So Handmade, Every Creative Endeavor,

15 comments:

  1. What a great party! I love the idea of the cupcakes turned into a mini cake for the birthday girl! Hope everyone had a great time. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the timeline, that´s a really good idea. I may make it for my daughters next birthday (but in years instead of manths :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the timeline too!! Cute party!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I like that you hole punched the pictures and threaded string through them. I always use small clothespins, but I like that look better. And Gracie is adorable. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is PERFECT!!! Every detail is beautiful!!! Fantastic!

    Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you commented on our blog, so I could find this little gem! Your blog is ADORABLE and your daughters party was adorable! I SO hope my next baby will be a girl, cause girl stuff seriously so cute and fun!

    Your newest follower,
    Pam
    www.overthebigmoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so cute. What a doll you have on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from linky party at Gluesticks! I just linked a post to my girl's 1st birthday-- time flies!! Our party was much simpler.... but I LOVE the timeline, if only I had thought of that! You did a great job pulling it all together and your little girl is too precious!

    http://schooltimesnippets.blogspot.com/2012/03/1st-birthday-simple-yet-memorable.html Stop bye and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That IS a sweet little face. And don't worry about your eyes,...everyone's looking at her anyway. Soooo cute. Thanks for sharing your party at our party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohmigoodness! this is so sweet and cute!! and such an adorable baby girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the cutest party!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is just perfect.... especially your little one! We really appreciate you sharing this at our link party this week! We can't wait to see what you are up to next week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, so sweet! I love the monthly picture banner and the party favors!!! Totally awesome!

    Thanks for sharing at Creatively Living!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just adorable! The cupcake cake is so pretty, I want one for my next birthday! Love the timeline too. Thank you for sharing on A Crafty Soiree. I've featured your party in the latest one. Come check out your feature when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the birthday cupcake is almost as cute as the birthday girl. love this party.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!