Image Map

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Framed "Create" Sign

Slowly, verrrry slowly, I'm trying to make my craft space cute. I just get so distracted by other projects. Or my children. Or Hunger Games. 

But yesterday I actually made something for my craft space and I think it's super cute!

I started out with a frame from Wal-Mart. It was $1.50 and has no back or glass. I was okay with that.


Then I used my glue gun to make a design along the front of the frame.


Then I spray painted the whole frame. That's how I got a fun little design on the frame.


Then I used some burlap and through freezer paper stenciling, stenciled "create" onto the burlap. I added a couple of bows for good measure and there ya have!


I just hot glued the burlap to the back of the frame. I love the colors!


Sharing here: Katie's Nesting Spot, 36th Avenue, 52 Mantels, Seven Alive, Gluesticks, Fireflies & Jellybeans, Pincushion Creations, One Artsy MamaIt's a HodgePodge Life, 30 Handmade Days, Dwell on Joy, Naptime Crafters, Newlyweds on a Budget, Every Creative Endeavor, Family Ever AfterTatertots & JelloLolly Jane, Young & Crafty Six Sisters' StuffSee Vanessa Craft, It's Overflowing,

15 comments:

  1. Adorable! The addition of the hot glue embossed detail just makes the project.

    Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is OH SO cute!! I would be THRILLED to have you share this at my link party going on right now!
    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/03/homemade-by-you-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable! I love this and I am sure it will be very inspiring in your craft space. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, love the colours and the hot glue embossing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I have it? I promise to give it a good home!

    I would love it if you shared this a The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!
    http://thediydreamer.blogspot.ca/2012/03/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so cute! Love it!

    I would love if you came by my Creative Inspirations party to link it up! I would love to see you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I LOVE it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from DIY Dreamers blog hop. This is so cute! http://craftyandcookingmomma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute!
    KCoake
    www.realcoake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a unique idea to use hot glue to make the design on the front of the frame. This is so cute- and I'm pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought that was glue gun made when I saw your featured post! That's very crafty of you, instead of using puffy paint, and adds the perfect touch! This also reminds me that I REALLY need to learn how to do the freezer paper transfer technique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! What an easy, fun transformation. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute idea! Thanks for joining us for "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Come and join us again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!! Love the color and the texture of the burlap!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!