Thursday, March 29, 2012

Framed "Create" Sign

Slowly, verrrry slowly, I'm trying to make my craft space cute. I just get so distracted by other projects. Or my children. Or Hunger Games. 

But yesterday I actually made something for my craft space and I think it's super cute!

I started out with a frame from Wal-Mart. It was $1.50 and has no back or glass. I was okay with that.


Then I used my glue gun to make a design along the front of the frame.


Then I spray painted the whole frame. That's how I got a fun little design on the frame.


Then I used some burlap and through freezer paper stenciling, stenciled "create" onto the burlap. I added a couple of bows for good measure and there ya have!


I just hot glued the burlap to the back of the frame. I love the colors!


Sharing here: Katie's Nesting Spot, 36th Avenue, 52 Mantels, Seven Alive, Gluesticks, Fireflies & Jellybeans, Pincushion Creations, One Artsy MamaIt's a HodgePodge Life, 30 Handmade Days, Dwell on Joy, Naptime Crafters, Newlyweds on a Budget, Every Creative Endeavor, Family Ever AfterTatertots & JelloLolly Jane, Young & Crafty Six Sisters' StuffSee Vanessa Craft, It's Overflowing,

16 comments:

  1. Adorable! The addition of the hot glue embossed detail just makes the project.

    Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is OH SO cute!! I would be THRILLED to have you share this at my link party going on right now!
    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/03/homemade-by-you-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable! I love this and I am sure it will be very inspiring in your craft space. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, love the colours and the hot glue embossing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I have it? I promise to give it a good home!

    I would love it if you shared this a The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!
    http://thediydreamer.blogspot.ca/2012/03/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so cute! Love it!

    I would love if you came by my Creative Inspirations party to link it up! I would love to see you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from DIY Dreamers blog hop. This is so cute! http://craftyandcookingmomma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute!
    KCoake
    www.realcoake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a unique idea to use hot glue to make the design on the front of the frame. This is so cute- and I'm pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought that was glue gun made when I saw your featured post! That's very crafty of you, instead of using puffy paint, and adds the perfect touch! This also reminds me that I REALLY need to learn how to do the freezer paper transfer technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! What an easy, fun transformation. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute idea! Thanks for joining us for "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Come and join us again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!! Love the color and the texture of the burlap!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you know that you can create short links with Shortest and get money from every click on your short urls.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!