Image Map

Friday, March 16, 2012

Cars Birthday Party

We recently celebrated my son's 3rd birthday. He's obsessed with all things Cars, so it was a no-brainer what I should do for his birthday party!


My handsome little 3 year old

I had a pretty small budget for this party, so I wanted to make the most of what I had. A lot of what I got for this party came from the dollar store. That place is a goldmine!


From the dollar store:
- Tablecloth
- Popcorn tubs
- Large glass tumblers
- Cake plate
- Streamers


I got the black and white striped straws from Hey Yo-Yo on Etsy. The red cups with lids were from Target. I made little flags for the tops of each cupcake with the names of each kid on them.


I used my Cricut to make the banner.

For the cake, I made a poke cake. I used a German chocolate cake mix with Oreo pudding and crushed Oreos for the gravel-looking top.

I loved it and I think my baby boy did, too!!

Shared here: Tatertots & Jello, Young & Crafty, Pocket Full of Pink, See Vanessa Craft, 30 Handmade Days, Lolly Jane, Be Different, Act Normal, Six Sisters' Stuff, Making the World CuterSumo's Sweet Stuff, The Girl Creative, Becolorful, Craftomaniac, Serendipity & Spice, Raising Oranges,

8 comments:

  1. Super cute party! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute party! My son loves Cars too! He could probably act out just about the whole movie. Looks like a fun party! I love the streamers and the banner especially. Oh, and the dollar store stuff! It's amazing what you can find in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiffany! I looove the dollar store & the amazingness there! :)

      Delete
  3. Super cute party. Love the cake. I'm your newest follower via the Kurtz Corner blog hop. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from your newest follower I’m visiting from the Grow Your Blog Hop and I would love to have you come check me out. http://craftchickie.blogspot.com/

    Tisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! The birthday boy obviously loved it! The cake came out great. I'd love it if you shared this at Whimsy Wednesdays at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-3.html. We go live Tuesday night at 8 EST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great. Thanks for joining us for "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll come back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!