Image Map

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Where We've Lived Wall Hanging

I'm always looking for something nifty to hang on the walls of my home. I'm not very artsy, so I don't have any paintings that I've done or anything like that. But when I came up with the Where We've Lived wall hanging, I was totally happy with it! 

However, if you don't want to go through all the effort of making something, here are two links to awesome things to fill any voids on your walls:

Ansel Adams, anyone?


Or how about a beautiful mirror?


Okay, on to the Where We've Lived wall hanging. So my friend gave me an old window she had. Here it is before I did anything to it:




There were SO many ideas for old windows, but then I saw THESE beautiful state printables and I knew what I wanted to make.



These are the 3 states the hubs and I have lived in since we've been married! Well, except for NY but we only lived there for 6 weeks, so I don't claim it. 





Utah: Where we met, fell in love, and received our Bachelor's degrees.
Texas: Where we moved after an internship in NY. This was the roughest patch of our married life so far. But it definitely helped us grow closer together. We also had our two babies in Texas.
North Carolina: Current residence. Where my husband has an actual job and he's going back to grad school.


I love this reminder of where we've been. And I love the colors! So bright!

Sharing here: Winthrop Chronicles, Not Just A Housewife, Mommy by Day Crafter by Night, Vintage Wanna Bee, The DIY Dreamer, Ginger Snap Crafts, Lil Luna, Uncommon, NY Melrose Family, Rae Gun Ramblings, Southern Lovely, 36th Ave, 52 Mantels, One Artsy Mama, Seven Alive, 30 Handmade Days, See Vanessa Craft, It's a Hodgepodge Life, Tatertots & Jello, Love Notes by Lauren,                       



15 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! So far... we've only lived in Utah, but even just one state would look cute in that adorable frame! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of all of these states, which did/do you enjoy the most?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a tough question! I think I enjoyed them all for different reasons. But I loved the weather in Utah! The South is unbearably humid!!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Super cute idea! We've only lived in Texas so it wouldn't work for me. Bummer! I'm a new follower of your adorable blog! Come check me out and follow me back if you'd like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of putting prints in an old painted window! Looks awesome! I'll have to be on the lookout for one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, honestly.. this is a fabulous idea!!! I might just try and make one for us too!

    Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, I love this idea, I might do this to places I have traveled
    www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love the colors you have chosen to incorporate! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun...I love the cheery colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute! i'd love for you to link this up to my party! have a great weekend!
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute and colorful! I love the colors you used. Such a great idea! Your blog is adorable and I'm going to have to follow along! I'd love if you shared this {and anything else you'd like to share} at my Throwback Thursday party. Hope to see you there! And thanks for sharing :) http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-3/

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO pretty!!! I love that it has meaning too. Well done! Just popping in from TT&J :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this idea! We are in NC currently as well! Except we are moving to PA in a few weeks. I will miss this beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally LOVE this! My husband & I just adopted our first child from Africa, & I think this would be really awesome to make for the place he was born & the state in which he now lives. Love, Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the cutest idea ever!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!