Image Map

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Chocolate Chip Oreo Balls

Have you ever had Oreo balls? Good heavens, they're delicious! They're the perfect summer treat because they're no bake. Plus I'm kind of lazy, so it all works out.

Two of my pregnant friends recently found out the gender of their babies so I wanted to make them a special treat. What better than delicious Oreo balls, right?



These puppies are soooo soft when you bite into them! I gave them ALL away because I knew I would eat them all. And that would be bad.


Recipe:
- One package of Double Stuffed Oreos
- Almond Bark melting chocolate
- one cup of mini chocolate chips
- one package of cream cheese

Soften the cream cheese. Crush the Oreos. Yes...ALL of them. I used my blender for this. Mix the cream cheese and Oreos. For an extra boost of chocolate, add the mini chocolate chips. Roll the Oreo dough into balls and refidgerate about an hour or so. Melt the chocolate according to the packaging. I added food coloring but that's optional. Dip the balls into the chocolate and place on wax paper. Decorate as you wish and let them dry! Then eat them.

Sharing here: Ginger Snap Crafts, Lil Luna, Rae Gun Ramblings, Southern Lovely, The NY Melrose Family, The DIY Dreamer, Uncommon, 36th Ave, 52 Mantels, Seven Alive, One Artsy Mama,           




6 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these---and I love how you made them for an expecting mom in the color blue, so creative!

    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound fantastic!!! This is my kind of "baking"!
    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about "no bake" in the summer. These look easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, definitely! These are divine!!!! I usually make them at Christmas, but your idea of using colored candy coating is great! I'm planning my husband's 30th birthday, & I think I may just use these puppies & coat them in red to match the party colors! Thanks for the idea! Love, Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I absolutely love that you added mini chocolate chips to this!! These are some of my favorites and what better way to add more chocolate to the goodness!!! I "found" you on Southern Lovely:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!! Do you have any left to send over to me? YUM!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!