Image Map

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Glass Etched Bread Pan (attempt)

I'll bet you thought I forgot about my blog, right?

Wrong!

I was just busy doing family stuff all weekend. Which, in my book, is way more important that anything

Anywhooo, I had bought glass etching material a while ago at Hobby Lobby and I was just waiting for the right project. Well, then I found a bread pan at a discount store for $5! There's my project!



I washed the pan and cut out the words I wanted to use from my Cricut. Make sure you take out the negative part so you make a stencil. Transfer that on to your pan. 



Okay. I read the glass etching junk bottle and it said to dilute the gunk with water. So I did. When you do it....DON'T. It becomes way too runny and runs down the side creating etched lines. Plus when it's diluted it's not as powerful. So I had to put more stuff on after about an hour and then I left it on alllll day long. If I hadn't had diluted it, my pan would have come out a lot better.



But for a first attempt, not too shabby. I'm excited to bake up some yummy banana bread in it!


Sharing here: Not Just a Housewife, Mommy by Day Crafter by Night, Winthrop Chronicles, Vintage Wanna Bee, Lil Luna, Ginger Snap Crafts,       



4 comments:

  1. HEY! this is very cute, and a great idea! now it's making me wanna do it!
    hugs
    -gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this. This would be perfect for a wedding gift. I'm a new follower and would love if you followed me back! www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this---I want to do this for Christmas gifts this year:) Thanks for sharing...new follower. Come check us out at http://www.thechirpingmoms.com!

    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously need to invest in that glass etching stuff! I cook food for people so much & I don't want my pans to get lost. This is the prefect solution! & Thanks for the tip about NOT adding water lol, so smart!

    ~Dani

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!