Image Map

Friday, February 3, 2012

Love Tile Magnet Tutorial

I have loved seeing all the Valentine's crafts floating around the blogosphere! It just makes me so sad that once Valentine's is over, we'll have to take it all done until next year. I mean, you put all that work into something, you kinda want it to stick around, right?

I was thinking about this and wondering what other sweet things I could do for my hubby (we're already doing the Scratch-off Valentine's Countdown) when I remembered I had a couple tiles just sitting in my craft room, waiting to be used. 

I suddenly had the best idea for it...and Valentine's!

(Sorry about the lighting in these photos! I live in an apartment and lighting is very difficult sometimes!)

Love Tile Magnet tutorial


Now you can tell your hubby why/how you love him every day and it can be different each day! And since it's on the fridge, he'll be SURE to see it.

Supplies I used:
- Glue gun
-Tile (from any hardware store)
- Magnets
- Vinyl (you could also totally use cute stickers)
- Not pictured: Fabric, for the fabric flowers


I cut my vinyl on my Cricut but again, you could totally use some cute ABC stickers. I put my "I Heart You" on the top. You could also write "I love you because.." or "I love you more than..."


Next, hot glue some magnets on the back of your tile. Make sure you put enough on to support your tile.


 I embellished mine with some sweet rolled fabric flowers but you could add more stickers around the edges or some ribbon bows. Whatever your creative heart desires!


Grab a dry erase marker and get to doodling! He'll LOVE the surprise when he sees it!


Sharing here: Lolly Jane, Six Sisters' Stuff, Flamingo ToesI Heart Naptime, Michelle Paige, Craft-O-ManiacAn Original Belle, Tip Junkie,


7 comments:

  1. this is darling!! I am going to make this tomorrow- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this idea! I think I need one in my kid's rooms! Would you be willing to link this up to my Valentine Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/rockin-valentine-valentine-link-party.html
    Thanks, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I would love for you to link up to my Valentines Party @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!
    You should join me for handmade 52 http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/2012/02/handmade-52-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so super cute. I adore the color of those rosettes. And love that the piece has magnets. Very creative. Would be delighted for you to link up with us at Mop It Up Mondays (going on through Friday): http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-party-2.html

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tile looks so cute!! Love the flowers on it! Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope to see you back next Saturday with more great ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling! Thank you for linking up with Make-It-Yourself Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!