Image Map

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

How I Lost 10 Pounds in 10 Weeks

Happy New Year!

We got back from Florida a few days ago and everyone is sick! Boo. Not the greatest way to start out the New Year. But we did go to Disneyworld and it was AH-Mazing!!


Along with the New Year comes new resolutions on improving ourselves. I wanted to share with you some things that helped me last year when I decided to try to lose some weight.

After I had my second baby, I lost quite a bit of weight. And then I gained it back. That is so incredibly frustrating! So in November I decided I wanted to really work hard and lose some weight. I was about to sign up for Weight Watchers with my mom when she showed me some websites that were free and were basically the same idea as WW. We decided to go the free route first and if that didn't work, we'd sign up for Weight Watchers.

Let me tell you, I am SO glad we didn't sign up and pay for WW!! I was able to lose 10 pounds all on my own and it felt GREAT!



So here are some of the tips:

- Use the free websites. Here are some awesome ones:

- Keep a journal. This is KEY! I know it's annoying but you'll really be able to track your progress and keep on track with a journal.



- Buy a nice scale. I had an old $5 scale and it was off about 2 pounds and I had no idea. You can buy nice ones at Wal-Mart or Target for about $20.

- Learn to love fruit/veggies. I LOVED my cereal in the morning. I've basically been addicted to cereal since college. But now I eat a piece of fruit EVERY.MORNING. It pays off.

- Exercise. I started out by doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and riding on the stationary bike and then I included going to Zumba and running on the treadmill. Having lots of different exercise options helps get you out of an exercise rut.

- Find healthy recipes. I have a Healthy Recipes board on Pinterest and I'm going to start sharing a WW-friendly recipe once a week! Aren't you excited?! I for sure am!

- Don't be too hard on yourself. During the first couple of days of starting this, I actually gained a pound or two. And then I would lose a couple. Don't get down on yourself if you happen to gain or is you cheat sometimes. It's not the end of the world.

I'm not done losing weight, but I'm glad to know I found a way to do it that works for me! And I know it won't work for everyone, but I wanted to share an option that would maybe work and be nice to your wallet :) Please please please let me know if you do this and are able to lose any weight! I'd love to feature you!!

Sharing here: Winthrop Chronicles, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Not Just a Housewife, Lil Luna, Ginger Snap Crafts, 36th Ave,     



5 comments:

  1. You are so inspiring! I'm really excited to browse the websites you recommended! BTW, I love your notebook. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! Keep up the good work! :)

    Thanks for the tips as well. Too bad I'm allergic to most fruits and veggies. :( And allergic to exercising... Ok, that last part wasn't true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! You looked great before, but what a great improvement!
    I agree with Shatzi.. your notebook is totally cool, way to make food journaling something fun rather than something you dread :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Thank you for the tips and the links! I found you from the 26th Avenue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspriration! So glad I found your site via 36th avenue. I'll visit often!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!