Image Map

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Changing Pad Clutch

A couple of months ago I told my friend (who was pregnant at the time) that I would make her any baby accessory she wanted. After searching Pinterest, she came to me with THIS idea. I've never made anything like it, but it looked cute and I was excited to start on it. 



Her tutorial is pretty clear and I remember it being easy to follow. This is one of my favorite projects. I think maybe because I love the whale print.

So let me show you inside:


You just lay your baby on the vinyl side of the mat (easy to wipe up in case of "accidents") and you have your diapers and wipes right there in little pockets! How nice is that?


A closer look at the pockets:


And then when you're done fold the pockets in, like so:


Roll it up, attach the loop to the button, and it's ready to go back in your bag! Pretty snazzy, huh? I was a little surprised with how big it ended up being, but it needs to be pretty big to be able to have a baby lay on it PLUS be stocked with diapers and wipes. 



Sharing here: 52 Mantels, Seven Alive, 36th Ave,What About, The Thriftiness Miss, DIY Dreamer, Lil Luna, Gingersnap Crafts, Mercy Ink, DIY Dreamer, Daisy Cottage Designs,     



7 comments:

  1. This is really cute! Love the idea... and the whales. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so handy and cute. I love the fabric you chose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable - as everyone has already said, I love the whales.

    I'd be tickled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute and would make a great gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up! You were featured at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Definitely beats the current throw-everything-in-my-purse method I'm using now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you feel the button will hold up? I'm worried it might not be the best closure.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!