Image Map

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Woody the Cowboy Costume (On the Cheap!)

Hello friends!

Okay, I know there are a lot of people out there that don't do the Halloween thing. I get it. I don't particularly love buying candy for other people's kids. 

However, I DO love dressing my babies up because they're adorable in little costumes. 

So that being said, one of the worst things about Halloween is the prices of the costumes. They can be SO expensive! 

I set about to make costumes this year ON THE CHEAP. I'm boycotting expensive costumes. 

Here's my son's cheap but cute Woody the Cowboy (from Toy Story, fyi) costume:


What do you think? Looks pretty close, right? Let me break down my expenditures for you.


1. That sheriff badge I got from the dollar store. It was in a pack of 6 for a buck. Doesn't get better than that. (The hat was a dollar store find also).
2. These boots were a little more challenging. I just went to my favorite kids consignment store over and over again until I found some. They really complete the outfit.
3. This holster and belt were the most expensive part of the outfit. We found this at the Halloween Store (I think that's what it's called). It was 8 bucks and it came with a little gun, too. 
4. The vest was given to me by a friend (but would be easy to duplicate) and the neckerchief was just two triangular pieces of hankerchief-looking fabric sewn together. The shirt I found at a thrift store.


Total cost: Around $15! 

I love using things I already have combined with awesome finds! It makes me feel better about myself and my budget.


Cutest. Cowboy. Ever.

SHaring here: See Vanessa Craft, One Artsy Mama, 30 Handmade Days, Love & Laundry, Tatertots & Jello,     



4 comments:

  1. Luke does make one cute cowboy. Good work Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is way too cute! Clever too. Costumes are crazy expensive, and I think your $15 version looks better than one from the store! Next week I'm planning to do a separate post of costume features from my Throwback Thursday link party, I would love if you stopped by to link up so I could feature it! And of course I'd love to have you at the party :) Thanks for sharing and I hope to see you there! http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-15/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this costume!! How cute. I'm so glad that I'm following you, your blog is great:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love your blog, super excited to be following you!
    Hugs, Jen @ frazzled5 (southern blog roll)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!