Image Map

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Personalized Wedding Pillow

I don't have a Silhouette. Sigh. I DO have a Cricut but I haven't invested the $$$ in all the cartridges, so one of my favorite ways to personalize things is to use 

FREEZER PAPER STENCILING!!!

Have you done it? I looooove it! 

My husband's cousin got married over the weekend and he wanted me to make them a personalized pillow, so this is what I came up with:


I have NO idea if they liked it. But my husband liked it, so really, that's all I care about :)

Here's a quick tutorial on freezer paper stenciling:

1. Print off the letters you want to use off your computer. I used Honey Script for the "Olson" and Helvetica for the date. I laid them out in front of the piece of fabric I was using to make sure they were the size I wanted.


2. Cut out the letters, but make sure you cut out the BLACK lettering! Don't cut the white part. You'll be using these for stencils.


3. Use those paper stencils and trace them onto the freezer paper. Cut those out the same way...those are another set of stencils. Once you've cut out your stencils from the freezer paper, iron them onto your fabric. (Make sure you center it!)


4. Paint over the stencil. Make sure it's dry before you peel the freezer paper off. Sidenote: I used this paint because it says it's permanent. I accidentally got a little on the pillow where it wasn't supposed to be and I couldn't wash it off! So I guess it's legit. I had to put the date over that spot so the pillow wasn't ruined!




5. I like to use THIS tutorial as a basis for making envelope-style pillows. Which is the last step! Turn your pillow into a pillow! And there you have it!


Sharing here: Not Just a Housewife, Mommy by Day Crafter by Night, Creative Itch, Winthrop Chronicles, Vintage Wanna Bee, Naptime Delights, Ginger Snap Crafts, Lil Luna, Rae Gun Ramblings, Southern Lovely, Free Pretty Things for You, 36th Ave, Seven Alive, 52 Mantels, Katie's Nesting Spot,                 



4 comments:

  1. This is great! I need to make one for sure! I’d love for you to share this on Tuesday’s Tidbits at Naptime Delights: http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tuesdays-tidbits-6.html

    Thanks!
    Sarah
    {http://www.naptimedelights.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - I adore this! Wishing someone would have found this for my wedding... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat... I will be making this for my cousin's wedding in Nov. Thanks! :) Blessings!

    {thatssewtaylor.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  4. you don't need a ton of cartridges for your cricut! I got a cricut as a gift before the Silhouette existed. What you need is the software called Sure-Cuts-A-Lot! I got mine on Ebay and it came with some freebie extras for the same price as buying just the software. It basically lets you hook up your cricut to your computer to cut out any font and even JPEG images. Seriously. Ebay is also great for buying cartridges at super low prices too. I got 2 Sesame Street ones a couple years ago for $15 and $20! They are the only 2 cartridges i've ever bought though because I got SCAL soon after and haven't needed to buy anymore after that!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!