Image Map

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Beaded & Embroidered Mason Jars

So, I never did show you my Bead Entry for The One Crafty Contest. Unfortunately, it was my only entry, as I didn't move on. But that's okay. I'll just enter a million contests for the experience :)

When I heard it was a bead round, I was NERVOUS. I don't craft with beads for a reason. I'm not great with them. I tried to do something with pearl beads and failed. Then I decided to just do something within my realm of comfort. And then I was a lot less stressed.


I "embroidered" and beaded some felt flowers and stuck them on some Mason jars! Super cute storage. 


I bought Czech beads, which I LOVE. They are super pretty and not over the top. They were also easy to sew on.






Want to learn how to really embroider? Here are some links:

Sharing here: Ginger Snap Crafts, Lil Luna, Rae Gun Ramblings, Southern Lovely, 36th Ave, 52 Mantels, Daisy Cottage Designs, DIY Dreamer, Seven Alive, Katie's Nesting Spot,           



7 comments:

  1. Kathryn, I loved this entry and it got my vote! You are a very creative lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are REALLY cute! You did an awesome job on them.

    Stopping by from Show Us Your Find :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!!! Gosh I would love to have one! Beautiful way to store little ribbons and buttons.

    Now, I hope you are planning on sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! Please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

      Delete
  4. These are so cute. Would love to have you post a link to them at my Wednesday Adorned From Above Blog Hop. Here is the link:

    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/jasmine-scented-oil-wednesday-adorned.html

    Sincerely,
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabovecom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely ADORE this!! Hope you can link this up at my new linky party Trendy Tuesday!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2012/06/trendy-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!