Image Map

Friday, December 16, 2011

Cookie Swap!

The holiday season definitely has some ups and downs to it. I feel like all the baked goods and desserts can be both good and bad. I love eating them and giving them out but I hate the poundage they put on me! 

Oh well, that's what New Year's Resolutions are for, right?

In the spirit of not caring about the holiday weight gain, my friend hosted a Cookie Swap at her place and it was sooo amazing! She went all out for us.



 First of all, there was a Hot Chocolate bar, with not only homemade Crock Pot hot chocolate, but homemade Peppermint Marshmallows.  There was also toffee bits, dark chocolate kisses, Raspberry Cheesecake creamer, and whip cream. I think this was my favorite part. The hot chocolate was so rich and creamy. (Find the recipes on her Pinterest.)

There was also sugar cookie decorating, which was fun. There were 5 of us girls and it was fun (and funny) seeing the different ways we decorate.





Not only did she have these things, but she also made us lunch! And she made one of my favorite dishes...QUICHE!! Yum. I haven't had quiche in at least 5 years because my hubby isn't a huge fan of eggs (he ate them too much of them on his mission and got sick). So I was stoked to see the quiches there. They were a simple (and DELISH) cheese and egg quiche.




I just got a shot of one of the plates of cookies that were there, but there were tasty treats! These are snickerdoodles and there were also chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, chocolate chunk cookies, and then the ones I made, oatmeal chocolate chip cookie sandwiches.



And of course I had to take some picture of the cuties there!

Our host's daughter, Carolina


Mia and my daughter, Gracie. I didn't get a shot of the two-year-old boys because they were running around like crazy people!


Lastly, we had adorable to-go boxes for the cookies we swapped (By Martha, of course). YUM!!


Sharing here: Toys in the Dryer30 Handmade DaysNaptime Crafters,

Thanks for dropping in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!