Image Map

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pirate Birthday Invitations

My little 4-year-old boy is obsessed with all things pirate. So when thinking about his upcoming birthday party, the theme was a no brainer.



I bought some brown kraft scrapbook paper and cut it down to the size I wanted (8.5 x 11). I made the design on my computer in InDesign and took my paper and my design to a local print shop. I was worried it wasn't going to work because the paper was so thick the printer ate one piece up! But the rest came out perfect.



I then tried to dye the paper with tea bags but I think they were too dark already, so the tea bags didn't do much. I also crumpled them up to give them an old map look. I also tried to burn the edges and I completely ruined an invitation while also almost burning my house down. If you're good with fire, go for it. If not....maybe you should avoid that. I tore the edges off the paper and rolled them to look like a pirate map.

I love how they turned out!



1 comment:

  1. Cute! I hope you post what you are doing for his party. We love pirates too. Girls also make splendid pirates. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!