I can't believe it's been so long since I posted a project! My life seems so hectic these days! I have my two kids' birthdays coming up so I'll be posting about that soon.
But in the meantime, Valentine's Day is coming up! I don't know about you, but I have very little Valentine decor. Here's a quick and easy project you can whip up and stick up just in time for this LOVE-ly holiday.
1. These sticks are from Michael's and I don't think they're very expensive at all. Maybe $1.50/pack?
2. I used some wood glue to glue the sides together. I used 11 sticks but adjust to as big as you'd like.
3. I glued two sticks on the back to make it more study and to make it more like, well...a mini pallet.
4. After my mini pallet was dry, I spray painted it gray (make sure your painting area is well ventilated!)
1. I cut out a heart (just free-handed it) and then traced it onto the wood.
2. Okay, here's where I could have/should have changed it. I placed stickers on the heart so that I could paint over the stickers and then remove them and there would be a lovely "love" stenciled into the heart.
3. However, as you can see, the stickers didn't come off as prettily as I would have liked. I ended up painting over it with white but I should have just put the stickers on over the painted heart! Oh well. You can choose what you think will work for you.
And there you have it! A cute little Valentine mini pallet to put somewhere just in time for Valentine's day!
Happy Valentine's Day!!