Image Map

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Colorful Chevron Quilt

It must be baby season! This is the second chevron baby quilt I've made recently. I also have 2 sisters-in-law that are either pregnant or recently had a baby. I must not have caught baby fever. Not yet, at least ;)

With that being said, I don't think a baby can have enough blankets. They spit up ALL.THE.TIME (or was that just mine?) and you end up with a pile of dirty blankets, scrambling for another one so they can have tummy time... Anyway, the point is, one of my favorite things to make for babies is a quilt.


For this quilt, instead of piecing the quilt together like I did for THIS chevron quilt, I bought chevron fabric. I bought mine from Fabric.com, but there are lots of awesome fabric websites with chevron fabric. Then I made a back, put together the chevron fabric for the top, the batting, and the back, and quilted the zig zags. I love how it turned out! It's the quilted look without doing all the hard work! (Well, some of it, anyway.)






I added a big chunk of blue polka dot fabric to the back to add a little interest. I like it better than a big piece of the same color for the back. The binding I just bought from Joann's and it matched perfectly! Score. This quilt came together really quick, so if you need a baby gift in a hurry, I'd highly recommend buying some chevron fabric & quilting over it!





Love that quilted look!!







2 comments:

  1. Business Phone Service systems can be purchased from telephone service providers, other manufacturers through their sales networks or through Internet. Most businesses usually need to have several telephones to run their operations and it is neither practical nor necessary to have each telephone connected to the external (service provider's) network.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!