Image Map

Friday, August 26, 2011

Cute-ifying Your Bathroom {part 2}

Soooo...the next project for my bathroom was to make my bathrug look cuter, or nicer, or SOMEthing. It was just plain and white and boooring.

So after looking at a few rugs in the stores, I decided to take measures into my own hands. I bought 2 off-white towels from Wal-Mart (2.50/piece).




I started out cutting slits in the rug, 2 inches apart. I went all the way around the border of the rug.



Then I cut 2-inch wide strips out of the off-white towels (longways). I sewed the short ends together. I used about 2 or 3 strips. I then ironed the edges into the middle and then folded it in half and ironed it. I sewed down the long sides.



Then I weaved the strip of off-white towels into the slits I had cut earlier. When I had the two ends together I tied the two ends in a knot.



I then tied a bow and cut the excess towel from the ends of the bow. And there you have it...a cuter bath rug!




And there's almost always something I complain about...



Linkin' UP!
http://thirtyhandmadedays.com/
Naptime Crafters

1 comment:

  1. that is really cute, kathryn!! wow, i am impressed!!!

    but you should post a picture without your complaints so i can pin it to pinterest. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!